Every web developer use mysql database management tools that he/she feels comfortable working with as all the tricks & gimmicks are already experienced. Such tools help developers in many ways by providing support for many databases including PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, Redis and MongoDB, all the latest features including: triggers, events, views, stored routines and foreign keys.
Most of the database administration tools are premium but there are also some good tools for free.Here we have put together 6 best free MySQL Database Administration Tools.
HeidiSQL is a useful and reliable tool designed for web developers using the popular MySQL server,Microsoft SQL databases and PostgreSQL. It enables you to browse and edit data, create and edit tables, views, procedures, triggers and scheduled events. Also, you can export structure and data either to SQL file, clipboard or to other servers.
- Free for everyone, OpenSource since 9 years of active development.
- Connect to multiple servers in one window
- Connect to servers via commandline
- Connect via SSH tunnel, or pass SSL settings
- Create and edit tables, views, stored routines, triggers and scheduled events.
- Generate nice SQL-exports, compress these afterwards, or put them on the clipboard.
- Export from one server/database directly to another server/database
- Manage user-privileges
- Import text-files
Adminer (formerly phpMinAdmin) is a full-featured database management tool written in PHP. Conversely to phpMyAdmin, it consist of a single file ready to deploy to the target server. Adminer is available for MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, MS SQL,Oracle, Firebird, SimpleDB, Elasticsearch and MongoDB.By using Adminer you will get a tidier user interface, better support for MySQL features, higher performance and more security.
- Connect to a database server with username and password
- Select an existing database or create a new one
- List fields, indexes, foreign keys and triggers of table
- Change name, engine, collation, auto_increment and comment of table
- Alter name, type, collation, comment and default values of columns
- Add and drop tables and columns
- Create, alter, drop and search by indexes including fulltext
- Create, alter, drop and link lists by foreign keys
- Create, alter, drop and select from views
- Create, alter, drop and call stored procedures and functions
- Create, alter and drop triggers
SQL Maestro for MySQL is the premier MySQL admin tool for MySQL database management, control and development. It provides a rich set of GUI tools for anyone who uses MySQL including database developers, DBAs, and data analysts.The application also provides you with a powerful set of tools to edit and execute SQL scripts, build visual diagrams for numeric data, compose OLAP cubes, and much more.
- Support for all the MySQL server versions from 3.23
- Easy database object management
- Database Designer
- Data management: editing, grouping, sorting and filtering abilities
- Handy SQL Editor with code folding and multi-threading
- Visual Query Builder with support for subqueries and UNIONS
- Working with remote MySQL servers via SSH or HTTP tunnel
- Data export/import to/from the most popular formats
See More: BEST PHP CALENDAR SCRIPTS FOR DEVELOPERS
MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs. MySQL Workbench provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration tools for server configuration, user administration, backup, and much more. MySQL Workbench is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.Sequel Pro gives you direct access to your MySQL databases on local and remote servers.Gatekeeper and Fullscreen support are built into the latest version of Sequel Pro.